SYDNEY’S LEVEL 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS – HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU?
Under The Restrictions We Cannot:
- Use sprinklers at any time
- Leave hoses running unattended
- Wash vehicles or buildings with a hose that isn’t fitted with a trigger nozzle
- Clean hard surfaces such as driveways, paved areas
- Fill a new or renovated pool or spa with a capacity of 10,000 litres unless you have an approved pool cover
Apart from following these rules… what other simple things can we do to save water and help out Sydney?
Place a bucket in your shower to collect water. Use this to water your garden. Wash your vegetables and fruit in a plugged sink versus a running tap.
Wash your car on your lawn so you’re watering your garden at the same time. Check your taps and pipes for leaks.
Nearly 1 billion litres of water is lost every day in Australia due to leaking taps and pipes. Scrape your dishes into the bin rather than rinsing them before washing.
For More Information, head to the Sydney Water Website: